Census Statistics?…. 2.5 Children?… No, this is to do with drivers in speakers and how they work together. And so to this short film…. what is a 2.5 way speaker with reference to Neat Iota Alpha speakers, the subject of this review. I’m really excited to try the excellent Hegel H120 Integrated Amp too, which will be shown off in a further film, and being a relatively new amp to market.
Please remember to subscribe to my channel if you haven’t, unlike some YouTubers I can answer all questions at present, so a perfect time to connect and ask away. Please let me know if you would like me to look at any particular products, and as I say in the film, I always welcome constructive feedback.
Neat Iota Alpha film :
Like what you see? Sign up to my YouTube Channel here
- Neat Acoustics
- 29B Harmire Enterprise Park, Barnard Castle, Co. Durham, DL12 8XT, UK
- Web : http://neatacoustics.com
- Contact via online contact form here
- Tel: +44(0)1833 631021
£1385 a pair
- Enclosure Type : 2.5-way, rear bass reflex ported
- Drive Units : 50mm Emit magnetic/planar tweeter, 1× 100mm polypropylene cone mid-woofer, 1× 134mm paper cone bass unit
- Sensitivity (2.83v/1m) : 86 dB/1 watt
- Frequency Range: 33Hz – 22kHz
- Impedance : 4ohms
- Recommended Amplifier Power : 25 to 100w
- Standard finishes: Natural Oak; American Walnut; Black Oak; Satin White
- Speaker terminals : 4mm gold plated single set (no bi-wiring)
- Dimensions : 450x200x160mm (HxWxD), 49cm tall on spikes
- Footprint : 200x160mm (WxD)
- Weight : 6kg each
- Warranty : 5 years
Used in this Neat Iota Alpha film : Marantz PM7000N into Isotek Aquarius Power Conditioner (high current output), Talk 3 speaker cables.
Cyrus DAC XP Signature pre with partnering Cyrus PSX-R power supply, Cyrus MONO X200 signature power amps. Interconnects : AudioQuest Yukon XLR (pre and power), Hegel Mohican CD Player using Atlas Equator Integra, Innuos Zenith Mk 2, DAC : Chord Qutest / RME ADI-2 DAC FS / Cyrus DAC XP signature. Again ALL into Isotek Aquarius.
Hegel Mohican CD Player and Hegel H120 Integrated Amp
**Comparison speakers – PMC twenty5 23 and Definitive Technology Demand D11’s.