I’m a bit of a hi-end headphone virgin so far but these headphones are all you need to enjoy Audio at a serious level. And I dont mean serious like politics or tax returns, but serious levels of enjoyment. So to a film of HIFIMAN HE1000 v2…
I find out that they have serious levels of resolution and bass response, a quality of Planar Magnetic headphones. I’ve also looked at the Jade 2 System from HIFIMAN
Interesting fact too is that the one nanometer thickness diaphragm is less thick than DNA. We go back to school a bit in this video and I show you where DNA is in your body….haha. Maybe this might be a trivial pursuit question, but it does beg the question how is the diaphragm supported so it doesn’t break?
Some people just don’t have much time, or maybe get bored easily so where it’s easy to get a quick snapshot of a product, I do so with a 60 second film. Editing videos takes ages too so it’s a win-win.
But anyway hope you like the short film reviewing the HIFIMAN and if you do please subscribe.
In use with these headphones is dCS’ Bartok headphone amp and DAC – click here to find out more.
Some Specifications of these headphones in this review of HIFIMAN HE1000 v2 ;
- Type: Full-size, circumaural planar magnetic headphone
- Driver complement: One planar magnetic driver with nanometre-thickness diaphragm, advanced asymmetrical magnetic circuit, and patented ‘Window Shade’ protective grille
- Frequency response: 8Hz – 65kHz
- Sensitivity: 90dB
- Impedance: 35 ohms
- Accessories: Padded leather-clad presentation case; three sets of 3m signal cables: 3.5mm mini-jack; 6.35mm jack, 4-pin XLR.
- Weight: 420g
- Price: £2,599 (UK), or $2,999 (US).
In the market for a cheaper paid of headphones from HIFIMAN – check here to look at the TWS-600 headphones