Phono Pre amp
Pronounced Huey, with no common linguistics to ‘Huawei’, the problematic Chinese firm, it’s a new phono stage pre-amp in a miniature Chord type machined aluminium billet, matching the Qutest design.
It has both Moving Magnet (MM) and Moving Coil (MC) functionality, with comprehensive gain and impedance-matching options; Huei’s high- and low-gain switching settings are easily accessible via front-panel controls.
Chord say ; “Huei’s advanced design offers (for the first time in a Chord Electronics phono preamp) ultra-low-noise microprocessor control of its main features, including a convenient memory function. With multiple options for impedance-matching, seven-stage switchable gain and a switchable rumble filter, Huei’s design offers comprehensive compatibility.”
It features both balanced (RCA) and unbalanced outputs (XLR) with RCA inputs.
It’s a shame it won’t be available in silver variants like the old 2Qute type design but hey ho.
It’s going to be available later this year at a price of £990. Watch this space….
- Input impedance: 30Ω-47kΩ, 50pF-1uF
- Input noise: 1.1nV/Hz
- Max output voltage: 10V RMS equalisation
- Gain range: 0dBV-75dBV
- Equalisation response: RIAA curve; Equalisation accuracy: +/- 0.1dB
- Frequency response: RIAA curve = 12Hz to 25kHz
- Rumble filter: Rausch Slope -24dB per octave below 50Hz
- Output impedance: 520Ω (resistive)
- Input power supply: 12V 100V to 240V 50/60Hz PSU
- Dimensions/weight: 160mm (W) x 43mm (D) x72 (H); 770g